Oracle Solaris 11 Express Image Packaging System
By Terri Wischmann on Mar 17, 2011
Oracle Solaris 11 Express OTN webpage will be featuring a different technology for the next several months with various resources. This gives customers an opportunity to see what's new within Oracle Solaris 11 Express cutting edge core technologies.
The month of March Oracle Solaris 11 Express Image Packaging System is being featured on the Oracle Solaris 11 Express spotlight page . Check out the resources available on the technology. White papers, one liner cheat sheet, screencasts, podcasts and more!!
Image Packaging System (IPS) is a new network based package management system included in Oracle Solaris 11 Express 2010.11. It provides a framework for complete software lifecycle management such as installation, upgrade and removal of software packages.
- Safe system upgrades with ZFS boot environments
- Network package repositories of software
- Efficient downloads and automatic dependency checking
- Support for disconnected data center environments
- Extensive package publishing tools