Recent Feedback about the Sun Software Library
By Ari Shamash on Jun 18, 2009
I thought I would anonymous share some of the feedback we've received recently regarding the Sun Software Library:
- "Very good looking user interface, I mean the Sun Software Library webpage, congrats." and "Site is well laid out and easy to use." - these are the ones I'm most proud of, especially given all the flack we've received along the way regarding our Web UI. This is somewhat ironic, since we initially designed the site to be purely a set of web services that others would use to build UIs - we never planned on building a real UI. Our initial UI's were really just "reference implementations", which many mistook to be production quality Web UI's. Funny how things evolve. You can read a bit about our original ideas here.
- "It would be cool if the user can access to an application live demo, obviously web based apps." - the publisher can always associate a screencast with the software demonstrating how the software works, this screencast would show up at the bottom of the software detail page. But even better, we're working on a feature that would allow the publisher to upload a Virtual Machine Image (e.g. VMI in OVF format) that users can instantiate and use (either on their desktop, e.g. via Virtual Box, or on a public cloud).
- "i am regular visitor of this site" - awesome, we like to hear that!
- "in the morning i regularly checks this site." - so do I, but only after my coffee fixes (most days, one cup just doesn't do it).
- "This site keeps me Updated."
- "i can get all the news and technical stuff from here."
- "I want to wirte a review to get a free T-shirt, but I found the web did not work!I try serveral times.The System always displays a error mesg saying "a inner error please try again the later" when i set my screen name. you know I can not write review unless i set my screen name." - looks like there is a bug in the section of our WebUI that enables setting the screen name. We are working on a fix. Until then, you can use this page to set your screen name: https://reg.sun.com/createscreenname.
Keep the feedback coming, folks, we always want to hear from people who are using the Sun Software Library.