JDK 13 is live! Download it from the Java SE Downloads page. See the JDK 13 Release Notes for detailed information about this release. The following are some of the important additions and updates in Java SE 13 and JDK 13:
- Application class-data sharing (ApsCDS) has been extended to allow dynamic archiving of classes.
- Text blocks have been introduced as a preview feature; they are multiline string literals that don't require common escape sequences.
- The classes java.net.Socket and java.net.ServerSocket have a simpler and more modern implementation that is easy to maintain and debug.
- Unicode 12.1 is now supported.
- The Z Garbage Collector (ZGC) is enhanced to return unused heap memory to the operating system.
- The JDK 13 Tool Specifications are now part of the Java SE 13 and JDK 13 Specifications.
See Significant Changes in the JDK in Java Platform, Standard Edition Oracle JDK Migration Guide for more information.