The Java HotSpot Serviceability Agent API is now available.
If you're working in the Java and the JVM landscape, this API will help you understand your applications better by enabling you to dig deeper into the JVM internals. Also, you can write your own debugging tools by extending the HotSpot Serviceability Agent API.
For more information about the HotSpot Serviceability Agent API, get a copy of the upcoming book Java® Performance Companion, which is a continuation of Charlie Hunt and Binu John’s classic Java® Performance. It also includes unprecedented details on the Garbage First (G1) garbage collector.
This book covers:
- Leveraging G1 to overcome limitations in parallel, serial, and CMS garbage collection
- Understanding each stage of G1 GC collections, both young and old
- Getting under the hood with G1 and efficiently fine-tuning it for your application
- Identifying potential optimizations, interpreting experimental results, and taking action
- Exploring the internals of the HotSpot VM
- Using HotSpot VM Serviceability Agent to analyze, triage, and resolve diverse HotSpot VM issues
- Troubleshooting out of memory errors, Java level deadlocks, and HotSpot VM crashes
- Extending the Serviceability Agent and using the Plugin for VisualVM
- Mastering useful HotSpot VM command line options not covered in Java Performance
The book will be published on April 29, 2016. Pre-order it at Amazon or InformIT.