JDK 7u25 and JavaFX 2.2.25 Documentation Updates
By aredko on Jun 18, 2013
We are pleased to announce that the Java Development Kit 7 Update 25 (JDK 7u25) release with JavaFX 2.2.25 is live. You can download it from the Java SE Downloads page. Find more information about the new features in the JDK 7u25 Release Notes.
The JDK 7u25 and JavaFX 2.2.25 releases come with various updates in the Java documentation.
Changes to the Java Rich Internet Applications Development and Deployment Guide:
- Perform Certificate Checks and Check for Certificate Revocation Using sections describe new options for checking that a signing certificate has not been revoked before an applet or Java Web Start application is run.
- Preventing a RIA from Being Repurposed describes the new Permissions and Codebase attributes for the JAR file manifest. These attributes are used to defend RIAs against unauthorized code repurposing. If the values in the manifest do not match the values in the JNLP file or the applet tag, the RIA is blocked.
- Security Dialogs provides information on the prompts that are shown when a RIA is started.
Changes to the Deployment Trail of the Java Tutorials:
- Enhancing the Security of the JAR File provides an overview of the new Permissions and Codebase attributes. Deploying an Applet and Deploying a Java Web Start Application describe how to include these attributes in the manifest.
- Deployment Best Practices and Security in Rich Internet Applications provide additional suggestions for deploying your RIA.
- Signing JAR Files includes information on time stamping the signature of a JAR file.
The File Chooser chapter of the UI Controls tutorial has become the main addition to the JavaFX documentation set. This chapter explains how to use the FileChooser class of the JavaFX API to enable navigating the file system. The document comes with several samples to explain how to open one or several files with the associated application, configure a file chooser dialog window, and save the application content. You can study the source code of the FileChooserSample application or download the NetBeans project with all the samples available in the JavaFX UI Controls tutorial. The WebView tutorial is reworked by the JavaFX 2.2.25 release to address changes in the WebViewSample application. Find the modified version at docs.oracle.com/javafx.