Getting Java Applets to Work on Mac OS
By Sowmya Kannan on Feb 18, 2010
- Upgrade to a 6u17 based Java update. This support page from Apple might be helpful.
- Open the Java Preferences application and toggle setting to "Run applets: in their own process".
- Restart your browser and try viewing the applet.
Perform the following steps to disable the default MRJPlugin:
- Go to the
- Move the following files to a temp directory or another location:
- Restart your browser.
- To check which plug-in is being used by your browser, view the
about:pluginsURL. An entry titled "JavaPlugin2_NPAPI.plugin" indicates that the next generation Java Plug-in is enabled in your browser.
You can now enjoy Java applets on MacOS!- Sowmya