By Aredko-Oracle on Apr 30, 2014
The two-year effort of many teams has resulted in the long-awaited release. Oracle Java ME Embedded 8 is available on OTN.
The main deliverables of Java ME 8 include:
- JSR 360 (Java ME CLDC 8) specification
- JSR 361 (Java ME EP 8) specification
- Oracle Java ME Embedded 8 for Raspberry Pi, Qualcomm IoE, and Windows platforms
- Oracle Java Platform Integrator (OJPI) source releases
- Oracle Java ME SDK 8 tool chain (including integration with NetBeans)
The totally reworked Java ME documentation portal provides developers with the latest versions of the Release Notes and Getting Started Guides.
The Java ME Developer's Guide is intended for developers who want to build Oracle Java ME Embedded software for embedded devices. It also helps application developers port earlier applications to the latest version of the Oracle Java ME Embedded runtime.
See the Java ME SDK Developer's Guide to learn how to develop applications with Oracle Java ME SDK 8 on Windows by using emulators and NetBeans IDE.Java ME Embedded and SDK documentation and the related API specifications can be found at docs.oracle.com/javame.