By Aredko-Oracle on Feb 14, 2014
The long awaited second early access release of Oracle Java ME Embedded 8 is available on OTN.
It comes with the following updates and enhancements to the Oracle Java ME Embedded software:
- Enhanced device controls and improved input/output (IO) for small embedded devices, including a windowed Watchdog timer.
- Ongoing support for CLDC 8 and Profile MEEP 8
- Device Access APIs
- Generic Connection Framework (GCF) API
See the following Reference Platform Release Notes for more information about the new features and platform-specific aspects:
See the Oracle Java ME Software Development Kit Release Notes to learn how these features can be used to develop Java ME applications with Java ME SDK.
The Java ME documentation team published the Getting Started Guides for all the supported platforms. Ready to try the new features? Check the following documents:
- Getting Started Guide for the Reference Platform (Raspberry Pi)
- Getting Started Guide for the Reference Platform (Qualcomm IoE)
- Getting Started Guide for the Reference Platform (Windows)