By Sowmya Kannan-Oracle on Mar 06, 2013
The JDK documentation team is happy to announce that The Java® Tutorial, Fifth Edition book is now available on Amazon in printed book and kindle formats. The fifth edition is based on JDK 7 and contains tutorials and code samples for the following features and more:
- New file I/O API (NIO.2) and migrating legacy code to the new API
- Fork Join pool
- Project Coin: try-with-resources statement, binary literals, diamond syntax
- Updates to Generics tutorial
- Expanded deployment coverage (applets, java web start applications)
- Preparing for Java Programming Language Certification - A mapping of Java certification objectives to sections of the Java Tutorials.