The Advanced Management Console is a commercial product available as part of Oracle Java Standard Edition (SE) Advanced and Oracle Java SE Suite. The Advanced Management Console helps you manage the use of Java versions and Java applications in your enterprise.
The 2.7 version adds the following features:
- Following features are added to partially support the planned upcoming release of Java SE 9:
- The Advanced Management Console agents can detect Java SE 9 installations on managed desktops.
- You can search for Java SE 9 installations on managed desktops in the console.
- You can search for applications that run with Java 9 in the console.
- Support for Non-enterprise JREs — Includes the following:
- Executable (EXE) installers on Windows
- Disk image (DMG) installers on Mac OS X
- Desktop group improvements — Include the following:
- Automatic desktop group updates
- Desktop groups based on IP ranges
- Provides the following options:
- To turn off agent auto updates on managed desktops
- To export failed Java Usage Tracker records to a file
- To choose what Java Runtime Environment (JRE) types to track on managed desktops
- To define a default deployment rule set, which can be deployed to a target automatically, as part of agent installation
Updated Documentation for this release is available on the Java Components page.