Cloud is fueling the next wave of digital disruptive growth
By Isabel F. Pe�uelas-Oracle on Sep 28, 2015
Cloud has evolved from a mere cost-saving tool and has slowly started to spread within many companies as the core accelerator for digital transformation. Three reasons why Cloud is fueling the next wave of digital disruptive growth.
CLOUD = AGILITY TO WORK AT PACE
Previously to the cloud advent, when a business had an application or process they wanted to implement, it would take weeks or months to get the infrastructure in place before development could even begin. Companies focused on speed to delivery or innovation love Cloud, as it provides a real advantage over the competition. Cloud is about rapid provisioning of services, platforms, and infrastructure to provide the agility required to launch new Digital services.
The cloud has changed the fundamental nature of computing and how business gets done and it will continue to do so through 2020. In fact, IDC predicts that by 2020 clouds will stop being referred to as "public" and "private" and ultimately they will stop being called clouds altogether. It is simply the new way business is done and IT is provisioned.
CLOUD= ECO-SYSTEMS EVOLVING FROM PRODUCT TO SERVICES
Digital pioneers will create interconnected systems. The next era of digital business will blur the barriers between physical and digital, and between businesses creating new digital ecosystems:
· Clouds of Interconnected networks of objects from the edge to data center to move from selling smart products to selling services
· New digital ecosystems and industry cloud platforms sharing data through secure APIs open to partners from the same industry, other industries and developers to create new value for the customers
CLOUD= HYPERSCALE TO MAXIMIZE THE VALUE OF DATA
· Unprecedented data growth from digital systems integrating objects from the physical world and smart devices with enterprise management must be served with scalable DaaS and PaaS services on public or private cloud architectures.
· Rich Smart and cognitive algorithms benefit from third parties Cloud-databases and SaaS marketing services to extract meaning and activate data
DIGITAL = INTEGRATED CLOUD PLATFORMS
Digital innovation requires a change of mindset that focuses on the customer and embraces failures as a way to progress. It implies adopting lean development cycles to launch, test and evaluate and improve fast new digital propositions. But creating interconnected, and hyperscalable digital services at pace can't be afforded by plugging together ad-hoc solutions every time. In a word Digital Business requires Integrated Cloud Platforms providing:
· Public Cloud Infrastructure Services when required
· Cloud Computing Development platforms that simplify exposing Data to Third Parties through secure APIs for Web and Mobile devices
· IoT Devices Gateways capturing massive data from a myriad of smart devices and protocols and orchestrating bidirectional business actions
· SaaS applications that are mobile and social ready
· Best in class Data management and analysis services that hyperscale
· Hybrid Cloud Management Tools to facilitate Hybrid IT governance from a single console