Saturday Nov 24, 2007
Tuesday May 29, 2007
By pelegri on May 29, 2007
• Getting started with the admin console
Saturday Apr 28, 2007
By pelegri on Apr 28, 2007
The old Unix command vmstat(1M) is a workhorse for finding out what your system is doing. Now Jane shows how GlassFish has a similar mechanism; check this image for instance - or go to her blog for more examples.
Administration and monitoring is a typical place where administrators write all sorts of useful scripts. Sun's Web Server has a TCL interpreter embedded; GlassFish has a nice CLI but it is proprietary. Abhijit was brainstorming that perhaps we could use JSR-223 to plug different interpreters. Another separate idea would be to help people share useful scripts. What do you think?
Wednesday Nov 15, 2006
By pelegri on Nov 15, 2006
Hudson, the build monitoring tool, seems to be gaining adoption very nicely. John just published a JW article evaluating 4 open source continuous integration tools and Hudson was one of them (also see his blog). Kohsuke is continuously adding features and recently has been focusing on Plugin Support, an approach that has worked very well in JAXB.
There are a number of production deployments of Hudson. GlassFish and NetBeans use it for different tasks (see here and here) and the traffic at the USER mailing list for the project is growing very rapidly. Users seem happy, as this one Switching from Anthill; his production details are worth a read, he has 400 jobs.
BTW, browsing through the list I found a 2004 article on eXtreme Feedback, a variation of Mark Weiser's Ubiquitious Computing initial work at Xerox PARC. Perhaps the time has come for things like this. It certainly would make sense to have this integrated with text messaging like SMS.
Podcasts & Videos
- JavaOne CFP is Open - Your Invitation to Submit to the Java EE Track
- Migrating from GlassFish to WebLogic: The Beauty of Java EE
- Want to Work on EclipseLink/TopLink? Oracle is Hiring!
- The Basics of Connection Pools in Glassfish
- Java EE 8 Community Survey - The Final Part!
- GlassFish Monitoring and Management Virtual Event with Adam Bien
- Java+EE Basic Training with Yakov Fain
- Inject Properties using CDI
- An update on the Java EE 8 Community Survey