By alexismp on Aug 08, 2008
With the advent of the GlassFish-powered OpenESB product, there's been some very interesting activity around SOA on java.net so here's a recap of SOA-related projects on java.net :
• OpenESB - the core project, implementing JBI, serving as the foundation to JavaCAPS and leveraging the GlassFish runtime.
• Project Mural - Master Data Management community. Get your feet wet with this Hands-On-Lab.
• Project Fuji - an experimental project building on GlassFish v3, OSGi, and JBI. Listen to Andi's presentation here.
• JBI Components - a collection of JBI components, Binding Components and Business Engines.
And some sister projects :
• KeyChain - ESB components for legacy application integration for SPML Provisioning gateway.
• OpenMQ - the high-performance JMS implementation that is integrated in both GlassFish and OpenESB.
• Metro Web Services - the one-stop-shop for Web Services from WS-I Basic Profile to advanced (secure, reliable, optimized, ...) SOAP web services.
• NetBeans. SOA without tools?
Expect a roadmap and vision document in the near future for how these pieces all come together (for those that don't already, that is).