By Delabassee-Oracle on Feb 03, 2015
During last JavaOne, we held a Hands-on-Lab on JSR 352. JSR 352 is one of the new Java EE 7 APIs. The formal API is name is 'Batch Applications for the Java Platform' but it is often referred to as the 'Batch API'.
- Exercice 1 will introduce you the main concepts of JSR 352 such as Step, Job, JSL, etc.
- Exercice 2 will enhance the first exercise and introduce mutli-steps jobs combining Chunk step with a Batchlet step.
- Exercice 3 will cover checkpoint and the JobOperator interface which can be used to resume a failed job.
- Exercice 4 will build introduce you to listeners, a mechanism that can be used to intervene within the life-cycle of a batch job (e.g. to catch errors).
- Exercice 5 will introduce the concept of Job Partitioning, a more advanced feature of JSR 352.