By alexismp on Mar 29, 2011
With a good number of JavaEE 7 JSRs officially started after a successful EC vote, it's time to finalize expert groups and actually get to work! To do that, every JSR with Oracle as a spec lead (including the umbrella Java EE 7) will be driven in the open on java.net.
Being a project on java.net will have the USERS mailing lists serve as "reflectors" of the expert group lists and also allow list members to post among themselves. The issue tracker (now Jira-based), the wiki and the download area are also all available for each project to use as they see fit.
Here is the list of projects created so far :
• http://jax-rs-spec.java.net (JAX-RS 2.0)
• http://jpa-spec.java.net (JPA 2.1)
• http://jms-spec.java.net (JMS 2.0)
• http://javaee-spec.java.net (Java EE 7)
• http://jsf-spec.java.net (JSF 2.2)
• http://el-spec.java.net (EL 3.0)
• http://servlet-spec.java.net (Servlet 3.1)
As you can see the pattern is pretty easy to follow and should let you find your way to the other spec/projects not yet created such as EJB. To either view the archives or join the users list, you first need to become a java.net member if you are not one already. To become a project member simply click on "Bookmark This Project".