By pelegri on Dec 15, 2008
With this announcement the most important Java EE AppServers are now compliant with JSR 244. The official Compatibility Page shows a nice 4x4 table. Below is my attempt to list them chronologically - let me know if you see mistakes. GlassFish appears twice, once for v1 and once for v2, but GlassFish v3 does not show because GFv3 prelude is not a full Java EE 5 implementation.
• May 2006 - JavaEE 5 goes final.
• May 2006 - GlassFish v1 and SJS AS 9.0 PE (two names - those were the bad old days).
• May 2006 - Tmaxsoft's JEUS 6, SAP's NetWeaver 7.1, Kingdee's Apsuic AppServer v5.0 • April 2007 - BEA's (now Oracle's) WebLogic 10
• May 2007 - Oracle's Application Server 11
• June 2007 - Apache Geronimo 2 and IBM's WebSphere Community Edition
• September 2007 - GlassFish v2
• June 2008 - NEC's webOTX 8.1 • October 2008 - IBM's WebSphere 7.0
• December 2008 - RedHat's JBoss 5
Added - I updated the table with the date for Oracle's Application Server 11.