Thursday Sep 29, 2011
Thursday Jul 07, 2011
By alexismp on Jul 07, 2011
Reading Markus' blog post this morning, I realized that the JavaOne 2011 website had been finally updated, both its content and look and feel. As a reminder the conference will take place once again in San Francisco from October 2nd-6th, 2011 with a GlassFish Community Session on the first day of the conference (Sunday).
While the list of sessions is being finalized (notifications to speakers should be going out any day now), you can check out the overall event schedule and the updated page with this year's Program Review Committee.
Adam Messinger was quoted during yesterday's Java 7 launch event saying that we're ahead this year in terms of registration, so don't wait, register! Early bird pricing ends July 29, 2011.
Monday Apr 25, 2011
By alexismp on Apr 25, 2011
Some changes over last year include no more wandering between hotels and Moscone, more room for JavaOne sessions with Oracle Develop being moved to another venue, more community involvement in the event planning, more space and time for "hallway conversations", and more sessions overal.
The call for papers opens this week on April 27th and closes less than a month later on May 23rd. Selected speakers are notified by the end of June with the detailed agenda published soon after. Here are the JavaOne 2011 main resources: Registration and conference page, Blog, Twitter.
In October, if all goes well, JDK 7 will have GA'd and GlassFish 3.2 will be well on its way.
Podcasts & Videos
- JavaOne CFP is Open - Your Invitation to Submit to the Java EE Track
- Migrating from GlassFish to WebLogic: The Beauty of Java EE
- Want to Work on EclipseLink/TopLink? Oracle is Hiring!
- The Basics of Connection Pools in Glassfish
- Java EE 8 Community Survey - The Final Part!
- GlassFish Monitoring and Management Virtual Event with Adam Bien
- Java+EE Basic Training with Yakov Fain
- Inject Properties using CDI
- An update on the Java EE 8 Community Survey