Saturday Feb 07, 2009
Saturday Jan 24, 2009
By pelegri on Jan 24, 2009
Sun provides formal documentation on the GlassFish server but, with all the different versions, it may be hard to find the right document set. Some help is in BigAdmin's recent Locating Application Server Downloads and Documentation which includes a very comprehensive table that covers documentation and downloads - although GFv2.1 is not yet there.
The above article covers the formal docs but there is also a lot of other informal information (blogs, screencasts, webinars, wikis, etc). This information can be hard to discover and navigate we have talked about creating a master entry point; it would work at a kind of a master "Library"... but hopefully less scary than the Silent Library :-)
Friday Oct 10, 2008
By pelegri on Oct 10, 2008
We launched GlassFish during JavaOne 2005. Counting since then there have been 13.97 Million (completed) downloads of our AppServer. Or, if counting from GF v1 final, 10.98 Million. Add the 10 days this month and we have crossed the 14 and 11 million marks.
Monday Sep 08, 2008
By pelegri on Sep 08, 2008
A compilation of today's news of interest:
Up in Castellers I posted preliminary download numbers for GlassFish Server. I regularly get surprised reactions when I point out that GlassFish has many more downloads than JBoss, so, if you are curious, check it out.
A warm welcome to Bill Wilkins to the blogosphere. Bill is the director for SOABI at Sun and, thus, responsible for OpenESB. Check out his first three posts: Establishing OASIESB, Community Collaboration and Growing Our Appeal.
Podcasts & Videos
- Java EE 7 Maintenance Review Draft
- Managing a Java EE Application Server with Chef
- A Directory for CDI Plugins
- Java EE 7/Bean Validation Adoption at Harvard University
- JSON-P 1.1 (JSR 374) update: JSON Pointer & JSON Patch
- Last Call to Submit to the JavaOne Java EE Track
- Java EE Security API (JSR 375) Update
- A Preview of Java EE @ GIDS 2015
- MVC 1.0 (JSR 371) Early Draft Review period has started!
- Java EE @ ConFoo Canada 2015