Wednesday Sep 02, 2009
Wednesday Jul 29, 2009
By pelegri on Jul 29, 2009
Sun's LAMP support is assembled from two pieces: the L is from our Linux/GNU Support (see SunSolve entry), while the AMP comes from the GlassFish WebStack, which, in its latest incarnation includes Apache HTTP Server, lighttpd, memcached, MySQL, PHP, Python, Ruby, Squid, Tomcat, GlassFish (v2.1) and Hudson (features).
The inclusion of Hudson is a bit of an opportunistic move (more on that in a bit), the rest comprises a well tested, integrated, optimized, and extended component stack for your new and old Web Apps.
The WebStack can be downloaded here; the bundle includes the WebStack Enterprise Manager, which, unlike the other components, is not free right-to-use but rather is available with an eval license; this is a model like that of the GlassFish Enterprise Manager. The current release supports RHEL, Solaris and OpenSolaris (it is bundled in OpenSolaris); for additional details, check out the Documentation and Discussion Forum.
Check out these posts from the WebStack team:
Wednesday Feb 11, 2009
By alexismp on Feb 11, 2009
Yet another round of links for the GlassFish Portfolio launch. Some are links I had missed, other ones appeared recently.
Note also we now have GlassFish Portfolio release notes published.
• Seeing Through Sun's Glassfish (Information Week)
• Sun представила открытую web-платформу (linuxcenter.ru)
• Sun's GlassFish Portfolio Adds More Open Source (InternetNews.com)
• Sun releases GlassFish web platform (vnunet.com)
• Sun’s GlassFish Portfolio Could Change Middleware Game (idevnews.com)
• GlassFish gets LAMP stack and multimedia add-on (CRN.com.au)
• Sun unveils Glassfish portfolio (ITExaminer.com)
• http://ca.sys-con.com/node/838245 (AjaxWorld.com)
• Sun Releases Enterprise Open Source Platform (ebizQ)
• Sun to integrate GlasFish with LAMP stack (ciol.com)
• Sun beefs up GlassFish app server with integrated LAMP stack (eChannelLine)
• Sun GlassFish Portfolio chez Sun (Toolinux)
• Glassfish Portfolio (niq)
• GlassFish Enterprise Service Bus Multimedia (SDN Channel)
• New Sun Glassfish Portfolio (CamelCase)
• (Marketing memos)
• GlassFish ESB and OpenESB - Interview and demo (RedMonk)
• Web Space Server - Localization (Portal Post)
• Incredible portfolio of web servers! (Web Tier)
• Adding content to portal page : The easy way (Praskah)
• Jersey 1.0.2 is released (Earthly Powers)
• Learn About GlassFish Portfolio (Dixie, docs)
By alexismp on Feb 11, 2009
Some 24 hours after the launch, more coverage of the GlassFish Portfolio launch.
• Light-weight, open-source Sun GlassFish Portfolio (TSS)
• Sun realigns software around GlassFish Portfolio (SDTimes)
• Themes discussed at Sun GlassFish Portfolio debut (TechTarget)
• Nyílt forrású vállalati alkalmazásplatformmal jelentkezett a Sun Microsystems (HWSW.hu)
• SUN’s Glassfish Portfolio is a major shift to commercial open source business models. (The Forrester Blog)
• Sun's Answer To LAMP: GlassFish Portfolio (InformationWeek)
• GlassFish v2.1: A Complete Picture (Harpreet)
• "10 reasons why Nuxeo is using GlassFish" presentation (Nuxeo)
• SIP development modules via Auto-update (Vince)
• Sun GlassFish Portfolio Released (SDN Program News)
• Content Management System in Glassfish Web Space Server 10.0 (Prakash)
• Writing your first application router with SailFin (Binod)
• SIP Extension Headers in SailFin (Sankar)
• Sailfin in detail : Part 1 app-name (Prsad)
• OK - where do I start if I need to tune GlassFish? (Kim)
• Performance Monitor enters Sun's GlassFish offerings (Shreedhar)
• Performance Advisor : VM Alerts (Nandini)
• GlassFish Portfolio related podcasts (Bistro!)
• Sun includes GlassFish ESB in GlassFish Portfolio (Hari)
• GlassFish Portfolio with GlassFish ESB officially announced (Mark White)
• Web Space Server 10 Adopts Update Center (Joe)
GlassFish Enterprise Manager
• GlassFish SNMP Monitoring (Rajeshwar)
• GlassFish Value-Ad Feature Tuner (Nachiappan)
• Tuner ScreenCast (Nachiappan)
• Performance Advisor Installation and Overview (Screencast by Anissa)
Earlier coverage is here.
Tuesday Feb 10, 2009
By alexismp on Feb 10, 2009
It's early after the launch but here's already a first batch of content covering GlassFish Portfolio. Expect some updates to this blog later in the day as well as more entries in the next few days.
• Sun offers integrated Web platform (InfoWorld)
• Avec Portfolio, Sun taille GlassFish pour contrer JBoss (LeMagIT, in French)
• Sun Takes GlassFish, Industry's Most Downloaded Application Server, to New Heights With Integrated LAMP Stack (Press Release)
• 搜斧 - Sun GlassFish Portfolio Released
• Sun Drives Huge Growth in Adoption of GlassFish, Industry's Most Downloaded Application Server (Press Release)
• GlassFish Production Deployments & Enterprise Manager (John Clingan)
• The New GlassFish Portfolio! (Liz Matthews)
• GlassFish Portfolio en bref (Bistro!)
• Sun GlassFish Web Space Server 10.0: Now Available! (The Portal Post)
• GlassFish - immár Portfolioban (Peter, in Hungarian)
• Sun GlassFish Portfolio and Open Source (Kevin)
• SailFin : Develop your own applications using templates (Bhavani)
• SailFin V1: Step by step guide to get started. (Binod)
• Introducing Sun GlassFish Portfolio (Scripting blog)
• 介绍Sun GlassFish Portfolio (The Aquarium ZH)
• Converged Load-Balancer(CLB) Whitepaper and Screencast (Kshitiz)
• GlassFish grows up! (Sun Student Connection)
• Feb 17th Chinese Webinar - GlassFish Portfolio (Judy/Jiandong)
GlassFish Enterprise Manager
• Introducing GlassFish Performance Tuner (Ken Paulsen)
• GlassFish Performance Advisor - Install and setup (Siraj)
• JDBC Pool Manager - Steady Pool Size Tuning (Shalini)
• JDBC Pool Manager - Max Pool Size Tuning (Shalini)
• GlassFish SNMP J2EE MIB Presentation (Olivier)
• Browsing the Glassfish SNMP J2EE-MIB (Olivier)
• GlassFish SNMP Master Agent Integration (Olivier)
• GlassFish SNMP security (Olivier)
• GlassFish Performance Advisor - Managing Rotated Log Files (Siraj)
• GlassFish Performance Advisor - Log Entry Alert (Siraj)
• Performance Advisor Installation and Overview - Screencast,live demo and more (Anissa)
• Configuration of SNMP Monitoring in Glassfish Enterprise Manager (Sankar)
Monday Feb 09, 2009
By pelegri on Feb 09, 2009
The key components in the GlassFish Portfolio are the Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server (including OpenMQ), the Sun GlassFish ESB (with OpenESB), the Sun GlassFish Web Space Server (nee WebSynergy, leveraging GlassFish and Liferay) and the Sun GlassFish Web Stack, which includes supported and optimized versions of Apache Web Server, Memcached and other popular Web applications.
Sun also issued a Release highlighting adoption of the GlassFish products in companies from Telcos (T-Mobile), Health (Medavie Blue Cross) and startups (TravelMuse). Check the PR for a full list, plus our Adoption Stories and Sun's more formal Customer References.
As in past events, we are going to post a number of blog entries related to different facets of the products announced today; we will (attempt to) use the tag GlassFishPortfolio consistently to help search through them. We are also going to host a set of short (10') presentations at TheAquarium Online to cover this material, with the usual recordings for later playback.
Podcasts & Videos
- JSON-P 1.1/Java EE 8 Webinar at Istanbul JUG
- Asynchronous Support in JAX-RS 2/Java EE 7
- Java API for JSON Binding (JSON-B) 1.0 Early Draft Now Available!
- Java EE @ Chicago Coder Conference 2015
- A new CDI scope in Java EE 8 ?
- A Journey from Tapestry to JSF 2.2 and JavaEE 7
- Submit Now to Win a Duke's Choice Award!
- Adopt-a-JSR/Java EE 8 at Istanbul JUG
- Maven, Java EE and ... NetBeans
- Help Recognize Java Community Process (JCP) Heroes!