By pelegri on Sep 30, 2010
The next version of NetBeans is 6.10 (Release Roadmap). NB 6.10 has support for the GlassFish 3.1, and the two schedules (NB 6.10, GF 3.1) are aligned which means our tools folks are extra busy, and Vince has been documenting his new additions through a series of posts in his blog.
Here is the current list - I'll try to update the list as Vince adds entries:
Initial Support for GlassFish Server 3.1
Kickoff of the series. Integration plan into NetBeans 6.10 is described in the NetBeans Wiki Page
• Restart a remote instance of GlassFish Server
Support for the restart-domain command works with remote domains
• New Enable and Disable actions for deployed apps
Two additional actions for applications deployed onto GlassFish Server instances: Enable and Disable.
• Restart a remote server in debug mode
UI now leverages the new support for restarting a server in debug mode with a single command.
• View Server Log for remote instance
Users can see the log for remote GlassFish Server 3.1 instances
• Supporting glassfish-resources.xml
New name and new content GlassFish Server 3.1 builds integrated into NetBeans dev builds As the title says - now integrated!
• Create domains that use the default ports
New feature? Or bug fix?
• Web Service Nodes of a GlassFish Server 3.1 instance
Quick way to get the URL to the WSDL for services deployed in NB
• IDE Feature, now available from the command-line
Support for the new Application Scoped Resources (Spec, Screencast)
As you can see, good progress!