Oracle has released GlassFish 3.1.
If anyone still thought we were going for a Children's Edition, let me reassure you - GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1 now offers full clustering, centralized admin and many more production features while preserving the developer friendliness with its modular design.
Update: check out coverage of day #2 in this other blog post.
We are also releasing Oracle GlassFish Server 3.1 the supported product which has GlassFish Server Control already integrated for easier evaluation (the add-ons, more on that in a later post). The differences between the OSS bits and this product are highlighted on glassfish.java.net and just to be clear, clustering and centralized admin are part of the open source bits.
The Java EE SDK is also getting a facelift with a new Update 2 release. Expect a number of blogs from the engineers and the community on many different new features but also some screencasts. I'll be tracking the blogs and articles throughout the day in the later section of this blog entry and highlighting the screencasts in a SOTD (Screencasts Of The Day) series starting later today. You can track the BSC-hosted entries using this URL.
• GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1 - downloads, docs
• Oracle GlassFish Server 3.1 - Main page, downloads: full platform, web profile
• "GlassFish 3.1 - What's New" Webinar - (sessions on Monday, February 28, 2011 @ 10:00 am PST / 19.00 CET and Tuesday, March 1, 2011 @ 6:00 am PST / 15.00 CET)
Blogs and News:
• GlassFish 3.1 Overview (Nazrul)
• GlassFish 3.1 arrived! Yes sir, we do cluster now! (Markus)
• Glassfish 3.1 ready to secure critical enterprise applications (Johan)
• Customizing generated Java Web Start JNLP for app clients in GlassFish Server 3.1 (Tim)
• RESTful GlassFish Monitoring (Jason)
• Using GlassFish v3.1 SSH Provisioning Commands (Yamini)
• GlassFish 3.1 Security (Kumar)
• GlassFish 3.1 - What's new in Metro Security (Kumar)
• Metro 2.1 in GlassFish 3.1 (Fabian)
• Admin Security (Tim)
• Application Scoped Resources (Jagadish)
• Transparent JDBC Connection Pool reconfiguration (Jagadish)
• Performance Tuner (Jennifer)
• OAM Security Provider (Kumar)
• Connecting securely to GlassFish via JMX (Prasad)
• GlassFish v3.1 : New Screen under Configuration (Group Management Service) (Srini)
• Glassfish v3.1 : New Screen under Configuration (Availability Service) (Srini)
• Troubleshooting SSH (Yamini)
• GlassFish 3.1 and create-local-instance (Jennifer)
• GlassFish 3.1 and Manual Synchronization (Jennifer)
• Application based Connection Pool monitoring (Shalini)
• Tracing SQL queries & monitoring (Shalini)
• Statement leak detection and reclaim (Shalini)
• GlassFish 3.1 Now Released: Java EE 6 with Clustering and High Availability + Commercial Support (Arun)
• GlassFish 3.1 est là! (Alexis)
• Moving On Up: Upgrading to GlassFish 3.1 (Bobby)
• GlassFish Server 3.1 - Full Java EE 6 Platform, Full Featured, Full Support (John)
• GlassFish 3.1 and NetBeans 7.0 (Vince)
• GlassFish 3.1 and deployment (Hong)
• GlassFish 3.1 is Out (Blogging Techstacks)