You are Invited to the GlassFish & Friends Party!
By reza_rahman on Aug 22, 2013
If you are active in the GlassFish community, you probably already know about the GlassFish & Friends Party that takes place on the Sunday of JavaOne San Francisco at the much coveted Thirsty Bear. The event has become somewhat of an iconic tradition these past few years...
If you are a friend of GlassFish or interested in becoming one this is the party to attend and for good reasons:
- It's quite possibly the best place to network with some of the brightest minds in the GlassFish, Java EE or Java ecosystems in a very laid back setting. In the past folks like James Gosling, Kirk Pepperdine, Bert Ertman, Heather VanCura, Cay Horstmann, Ed Burns, Ben Evans, Frank Greco, Martijn Verburg and Bill Shannon have attended the party. This year, folks like Paul Sandoz, Arun Gupta, Ludovic Champenois, David Heffelfinger, Markus Eisele, David Delabassee, Bruno Borges and Mike Lehmann have already signed up (I'll of course be there to greet you as well). You can certainly count on most key members of the GlassFish team including architects, specification leads and product managers to be there.
- It's a great place to find out first hand what is going on with Java EE and GlassFish at Oracle. This is an especially important year with the release of Java EE 7 and GlassFish 4.
- You can meet people using GlassFish and Java EE in the real world and ask them about their experiences.
- Help shape Java EE and GlassFish by talking in person to some of the most key influencers and decision makers.
- It's free - anyone in the San Francisco Bay area can attend (all you need to do is sign up via EventBrite).
- You can grab some free GlassFish swag while you are at it like a GlassFish t-shirt or laptop sticker.
Besides the party, if you happen to be lucky enough to be coming to JavaOne itself, another event that you really shouldn't miss is the GlassFish Community event on Sunday morning (9:15 AM - 11:15 AM). If you are interested, make sure to add it to your calendar through the JavaOne Schedule Builder. I'll be posting more details about that event in the next few days. For now, there is the session details on the JavaOne Content Catalog. You should also check out the very cool Java EE 7 and GlassFish promotion page for JavaOne on GlassFish.org. Lastly and perhaps most importantly, there is the handy list of key Java EE and GlassFish sessions at JavaOne.
The party starts at 8 PM (on Sunday, September 22nd) at the Thirsty Bear (661 Howard Street). Space is limited, so if you think this is worth your while, you would be well advised to sign up as soon as you can. Hope to see you there!