Where to Host Java Apps...
By pelegri on Mar 01, 2008
Dru is raising the often repeated question of Hosting Java Apps.
I'm interested in what people are doing today, so I'd encourage you to check his note and post your thoughts there, or here. I'll summarize the answers / comments here for convenience, grouped by origin.
Added - Please keep posting leads and experiences; this will be very useful.
The following are Comments in Dru's blog:
• Dru mentions GoDaddy has Tomcat, but they restart all TCs daily.
• Cay points out that Java Hosting would support Java teaching.
• Ryan suggests GFv3 will be useful, but that hosting has specific admin needs.
• Kumar uses virtual servers at GoDaddy.
• smayzak suggests Kattare.COM (but only has TC, Resin & JBoss, no GF)
• mbosch suggests VPS with Virtualization and mentions Rimuhosting.
• ccombs recommends virtual servers through eapps.com (soon w/ GF).
• jwynacht has been using AOIndustries.
• straun had collected jHosts but now recommends RimuHosting for VPS and dedicated.
• Arvind also recommends RimuHosting.
• hchaudh1 provides another recommendation for eapps.com.
On this spotlight, we have these comments: