'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behavior change, a tip, etc.
#6 Java API for WebSocket 1.1
JSR 356 (Java API for WebSocket) has recently passed the Maintenance Release ballot, this Maintenance Release fixes an important issue when Java SE 8 Lambdas are used (see here). GlassFish 4.1 will include an updated version of Tyrus (JSR 356 Reference Implementation) to bring the WebSocket API level to the latest version of the specification, i.e. WebSocket API for Java 1.1.
It should be mentioned that the Tyrus version included in GlassFish 4.1 also brings additional features. Some of those will be highlighted in upcoming entries.
Podcasts & Videos
- Ivar Grimstad's Java EE Sessions at JavaOne 2015
- Some JSF news
- WebSphere Liberty Now Java EE 7 Compatible!
- Using HTML 5 with JSF 2.2/Java EE 7
- Java EE @ GIDS 2015
- Java EE 7 Maintenance Release
- Java EE 7 in Production at safsms.com
- MyEclipse and Java EE 7
- The next VTS round is fast approaching!
- Java EE @ Java Day Tokyo 2015