'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behavior change, a tip, etc.
#6 Java API for WebSocket 1.1
JSR 356 (Java API for WebSocket) has recently passed the Maintenance Release ballot, this Maintenance Release fixes an important issue when Java SE 8 Lambdas are used (see here). GlassFish 4.1 will include an updated version of Tyrus (JSR 356 Reference Implementation) to bring the WebSocket API level to the latest version of the specification, i.e. WebSocket API for Java 1.1.
It should be mentioned that the Tyrus version included in GlassFish 4.1 also brings additional features. Some of those will be highlighted in upcoming entries.
Podcasts & Videos
- Java EE @ ConFoo Canada 2015
- Java EE @ Devoxx France
- Free JPA 2.1 Cheat Sheet by Thorben Janssen
- JavaOne CFP is Open - Your Invitation to Submit to the Java EE Track
- New book: "Web Development with Java and JSF"
- Forge Powered Java EE Rapid Application Development Comes to NetBeans!
- JMS 2.0 Revision A
- Java EE 8/Adopt-a-JSR Updates: Morocco JUG!
- Java EE Management API 2.0 (JSR 373) Spins Up
- Java EE Container Lifecycle