'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behavior change, a tip, etc.
#6 Java API for WebSocket 1.1
JSR 356 (Java API for WebSocket) has recently passed the Maintenance Release ballot, this Maintenance Release fixes an important issue when Java SE 8 Lambdas are used (see here). GlassFish 4.1 will include an updated version of Tyrus (JSR 356 Reference Implementation) to bring the WebSocket API level to the latest version of the specification, i.e. WebSocket API for Java 1.1.
It should be mentioned that the Tyrus version included in GlassFish 4.1 also brings additional features. Some of those will be highlighted in upcoming entries.
Podcasts & Videos
- Managing a Java EE Application Server with Chef
- A Directory for CDI Plugins
- Java EE 7/Bean Validation Adoption at Harvard University
- JSON-P 1.1 (JSR 374) update: JSON Pointer & JSON Patch
- Last Call to Submit to the JavaOne Java EE Track
- Java EE Security API (JSR 375) Update
- A Preview of Java EE @ GIDS 2015
- MVC 1.0 (JSR 371) Early Draft Review period has started!
- Java EE @ ConFoo Canada 2015
- Java EE @ Devoxx France