'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behavior change, a tip, etc.
#6 Java API for WebSocket 1.1
JSR 356 (Java API for WebSocket) has recently passed the Maintenance Release ballot, this Maintenance Release fixes an important issue when Java SE 8 Lambdas are used (see here). GlassFish 4.1 will include an updated version of Tyrus (JSR 356 Reference Implementation) to bring the WebSocket API level to the latest version of the specification, i.e. WebSocket API for Java 1.1.
It should be mentioned that the Tyrus version included in GlassFish 4.1 also brings additional features. Some of those will be highlighted in upcoming entries.
Podcasts & Videos
- Developers Continue to Affirm Strong Support for Java EE 7
- Self-Documented Services Using JAX-RS Analyzer
- Java SE 8 and Java EE 7 in Production at TecSinapse
- Java EE @ ConFoo 2016
- The next VTS round is fast approaching!
- Java EE 7 Proves Effective for Mission-Critical E-Payment Systems
- Java EE @ DevNexus 2016
- Java EE in Practice for Secure Online Voting at Scytl
- Cargo Tracker Java EE 7 Blue Prints Now Running on WebLogic
- Revamping the Security API in Java EE 8