'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behavior change, a tip, etc.
#6 Java API for WebSocket 1.1
JSR 356 (Java API for WebSocket) has recently passed the Maintenance Release ballot, this Maintenance Release fixes an important issue when Java SE 8 Lambdas are used (see here). GlassFish 4.1 will include an updated version of Tyrus (JSR 356 Reference Implementation) to bring the WebSocket API level to the latest version of the specification, i.e. WebSocket API for Java 1.1.
It should be mentioned that the Tyrus version included in GlassFish 4.1 also brings additional features. Some of those will be highlighted in upcoming entries.
Podcasts & Videos
- CDI 2.0 Early Draft Released!
- Chicago JUG Adopt-a-JSR/Java EE 8 Session Video
- Java 8 Free Online Course: Lambdas and Streams
- JavaOne 2015 Java EE Track Committee: Johan Vos
- HTTP/2 and Server Push
- What's Coming with JSF 2.3?
- TIBCO EMS 8 Supports JMS 2
- Your Opinion Needed: Asynchronous Message Listeners (MDB) in JMS 2.1
- Java EE @ DevNexus 2015
- JSON-P 1.1 (JSR 374) update: JSON Merge Patch