'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behavior change, a tip, etc.
#6 Java API for WebSocket 1.1
JSR 356 (Java API for WebSocket) has recently passed the Maintenance Release ballot, this Maintenance Release fixes an important issue when Java SE 8 Lambdas are used (see here). GlassFish 4.1 will include an updated version of Tyrus (JSR 356 Reference Implementation) to bring the WebSocket API level to the latest version of the specification, i.e. WebSocket API for Java 1.1.
It should be mentioned that the Tyrus version included in GlassFish 4.1 also brings additional features. Some of those will be highlighted in upcoming entries.
Podcasts & Videos
- JSON-P 1.1/Java EE 8 Webinar at Istanbul JUG
- Asynchronous Support in JAX-RS 2/Java EE 7
- Java API for JSON Binding (JSON-B) 1.0 Early Draft Now Available!
- Java EE @ Chicago Coder Conference 2015
- A new CDI scope in Java EE 8 ?
- A Journey from Tapestry to JSF 2.2 and JavaEE 7
- Submit Now to Win a Duke's Choice Award!
- Adopt-a-JSR/Java EE 8 at Istanbul JUG
- Maven, Java EE and ... NetBeans
- Help Recognize Java Community Process (JCP) Heroes!