'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behavior change, a tip, etc.
#6 Java API for WebSocket 1.1
JSR 356 (Java API for WebSocket) has recently passed the Maintenance Release ballot, this Maintenance Release fixes an important issue when Java SE 8 Lambdas are used (see here). GlassFish 4.1 will include an updated version of Tyrus (JSR 356 Reference Implementation) to bring the WebSocket API level to the latest version of the specification, i.e. WebSocket API for Java 1.1.
It should be mentioned that the Tyrus version included in GlassFish 4.1 also brings additional features. Some of those will be highlighted in upcoming entries.
Podcasts & Videos
- Meet the JavaOne Java EE Track Committee: Markus Eisele
- AngularJS + CDI = AngularBeans
- JavaOne Java EE Track: Saying Thanks and a Look at the Real Decision Makers
- Java EE @ Devoxx UK
- Virtual Adopt-a-JSR/Java EE 8 Overview on Tuesday!
- GlassFish Images on Docker Hub
- Using @Context in JAX-RS
- Java EE 7 Maintenance Review Draft
- Managing a Java EE Application Server with Chef
- A Directory for CDI Plugins