'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behavior change, a tip, etc.
#6 Java API for WebSocket 1.1
JSR 356 (Java API for WebSocket) has recently passed the Maintenance Release ballot, this Maintenance Release fixes an important issue when Java SE 8 Lambdas are used (see here). GlassFish 4.1 will include an updated version of Tyrus (JSR 356 Reference Implementation) to bring the WebSocket API level to the latest version of the specification, i.e. WebSocket API for Java 1.1.
It should be mentioned that the Tyrus version included in GlassFish 4.1 also brings additional features. Some of those will be highlighted in upcoming entries.
Podcasts & Videos
- Revamping the Security API in Java EE 8
- Some Interesting Real World CDI Usage Statistics
- Migrating from Java EE 5 to Java EE 7 at Segurnet Portugal
- HTTP/2 and Servlet 4 in Java EE 8
- EJB3 @Lock Annotation for CDI Beans
- Java EE @ Oredev
- Migrating from Tomcat to Java EE and TomEE at Dassault Systemes
- AngularBeans: Java EE 7/CDI Integration with AngularJS
- Java EE @ Java Day Mexico
- Hypermedia/HATEOAS Support in JAX-RS 2/Java EE 7