'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.
0.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4. 0.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behavior change, a tip, etc.
#3 Changing the release number
Originally, the upcoming release of GlassFish was going to be called GlassFish 4.0.1 as it was mostly focused on fixing issues. But based on its actual content, we decided that calling it 4.1
would make more sense and reflect more the scope of this release:
- Support for Java SE 8
- Support for Java EE 7 specifications that had a Maintenance Release : CDI 1.2, WebSocket 1.1 and their respective implementations, Weld and Tyrus.
- Updated implementations of Jersey, Grizzly, Mojarra, EclipseLink, HK2, Metro, Open MQ, EL, Derby, JavaMail, etc.
- And some of those implementations brings additional capabilities to GlassFish (e.g. Jersey brings OAuth support)
- Several hundreds of fixes!
- An updated version of the Java EE 7 Tutorial
Changing a version number during a release stabilization phase is a bit tricky but we decided it was worth the effort (and the risk!). So please bare with us for as the build infrastructure is being updated to reflect this change! Everything should be back onto track in a day or two.