'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.0.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.0.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behaviour change, a tip, etc.
#1 JDBC Realm for user authentication
There has been some refactoring between GF 3.x and GF 4.0. One unfortunate consequence of that refactoring is that the JDBC Auth Realm package has changed between those 2 GF versions. This can cause some obvious issues when moving, from GF 3.x to GF 4.0, an application using the JDBC Realm!
GF 3.x was using com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm while GF 4.0 is using com.sun.enterprise.security.ee.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm
GF 4.0.1 will fix this and revert back to the original com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm package!
Podcasts & Videos
- JavaOne Java EE Track: Saying Thanks and a Look at the Real Decision Makers
- Java EE @ Devoxx UK
- Virtual Adopt-a-JSR/Java EE 8 Overview on Tuesday!
- GlassFish Images on Docker Hub
- Using @Context in JAX-RS
- Java EE 7 Maintenance Review Draft
- Managing a Java EE Application Server with Chef
- A Directory for CDI Plugins
- Java EE 7/Bean Validation Adoption at Harvard University
- JSON-P 1.1 (JSR 374) update: JSON Pointer & JSON Patch