JavaServer Faces (JSR 344), one of the Java EE technology, is a server-side component framework for easily building Java based web applications. JSF offers many benefits but one of the great JSF advantage is that it is really simple to plug-in any compatible JSF components suite. PrimeFaces is one of those suite, it is a popular open source JSF component suite with various extensions and is recognised for the richness of its components. This week marks the release of PrimeFaces 5.0!
This OTN article (Build data-driven applications for the enterprise using the PrimeFaces JavaServer Faces UI framework) shows you how to build a Web application with a rich user-interfaces based on PrimesFaces. And for more information about JSF itself, the Java EE 7 Tutorial devotes several chapters on this technology.
Podcasts & Videos
- Java EE @ ConFoo Canada 2015
- Java EE @ Devoxx France
- Free JPA 2.1 Cheat Sheet by Thorben Janssen
- JavaOne CFP is Open - Your Invitation to Submit to the Java EE Track
- New book: "Web Development with Java and JSF"
- Forge Powered Java EE Rapid Application Development Comes to NetBeans!
- JMS 2.0 Revision A
- Java EE 8/Adopt-a-JSR Updates: Morocco JUG!
- Java EE Management API 2.0 (JSR 373) Spins Up
- Java EE Container Lifecycle