Oracle WebLogic 12c Launch Coverage
By alexismp on Dec 04, 2011
Yesterday was the big launch for the WebLogic team announcing Oracle WebLogic 12c with full Java EE 6 support and 200 other new features.
The launch webinar had many thousands of participants. Here is a short collection of early links related to the launch :
The press release
• Oracle Announces Availability of Oracle WebLogic Server 12c
• Oracle WebLogic Server 12c looks to the cloud (iTWire)
• Oracle Brings WebLogic 12 to the Cloud (ServerWatch)
• Oracle Updates WebLogic for Cloud Usage (PCWorld)
• Oracle klar med ny Weblogic Server (digi.no)
• Oracle WebLogic Server 12c To Feature Cloud, Java EE 6 and Java 7 Support (ADTmag)
• Oracle Gears WebLogic Server 12c for the Private Cloud (ReadWrite)
• Oracle set to unveil cloud-themed application server, WebLogic 12c (ComputerWorld)
• WebLogic 12c over 200 new features (WebLogic Partner Community EMEA)
• Oracle Announces Availability of Oracle WebLogic Server 12c - first experiences! (Markus)
• Oracle Weblogic 12c is available and targets the cloud (Beyond Oracle)
• WebLogic Server 12c launched (Ada Westerinen)
• Oracle WebLogic 12c - Key Points from Online Launch Event (Simon Haslam)
• Oracle WebLogic Server 12cの主要な新機能 (orablogs-jp)
biemond: Nice, WebLogic 12c -> EJB 3.1, JPA2.0 , JSF2.0 , Maven, Softw Load balancer, Transactions logs in database (JTA?) #weblogic [http://twitter.com/#!/biemond/status/142315675506049024] oracletechnet: With WebLogic 12c, you build apps once and then deploy them any way you like: conventional systems, private cloud, public cloud, or hybrid [http://twitter.com/#!/oracletechnet/status/142318095007096833] stenvesterli: #WebLogic 12c installation: Unzip and run. Just like in the good old OC4J days ;-) [http://twitter.com/#!/stenvesterli/status/142319570965905410] stenvesterli: Develop, run on Glassfish. Deploy to #weblogic using Glassfish DD when/if needed [http://twitter.com/#!/stenvesterli/status/142323133456728065]
Next up are actual product availability (later this month) and Virtual Developer Days for Oracle WebLogic Suite 12c on January 24th and Feb 7th.
Oracle now has the best open source application server and the best commercial application server, both Java EE 6 certified. Now on to developing even more synergies between the two!