Not like JBoss - GlassFish Commercial Support
By pelegri on Nov 20, 2010
Will GlassFish become just like JBoss, with an open source (so-called, "General Availability") branch with few releases (most notably, only versions x.y.0 and no corrective versions) and only a commercial version which fixes even the most critical issues?
(A similar observation is described here)
- Oracle GlassFish Server and GlassFish Server Open Source Edition - Relationship between the two.
- Commercial Offerings from Oracle - What a customer gets when they purchase the Oracle GlassFish Server.
- Overview of GlassFish v1 - Our first OSS release.
- Overview of GlassFish v2 - The most representative family; 26 releases in total since Sept 2007.
- Overview of GlassFish 3 - Still a young release.
To preempt accusations of unfairness, another obvious difference between JBoss and GlassFish is that JBoss does not have closed source AddOns while Oracle GlassFish Server does. But, as a counter, if you don't think Oracle's AddOns (and support and sustaining) don't give you value, don't buy them.