JCP News (August)
By David Delabassee-Oracle on Sep 05, 2014
Welcome to the third instalment of the JCP news focused on the server side. July was busy but August has been busy as well!
A lot of things has happened around Java EE 8 during August!
JSR 365: Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java 2.0 has passed has passed the EC JSR Approval Ballot. That means that the EG can now be formed and start to work on the specification!
In addition, the following new JSRs have been submitted for review (review closes on Sept. 8), they should then go to the EC for JSR Approval Ballot (Sept. 9-22):
- JSR 366: Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 8 (Java EE 8)
- JSR 367: Java API for JSON Binding (JSON-B)
- JSR 368: Java Message Service 2.1
- JSR 369: Java Servlet 4.0
- JSR 370: Java API for RESTful Web Services (JAX-RS 2.1)
- JSR 371: Model-View-Controller (MVC 1.0)
- JSR 372: JavaServer Faces (JSF 2.3)
On the Java EE 7 front, 3 APIs are going through the Maintenance Release process:
- JSR 352: Batch Applications for the Java Platform has completed and published a Maintenance Release
- JSR 356: Java API for WebSocket has also published a Maintenance Release
- JSR 339: Java API for RESTful Web Services (JAX-RS 2.0) has submitted a Maintenance Review Draft, the review will close on Sept. 21
And finally some quick updates on the JCP itself to conclude this August overview:
- C2B2 has joined the JCP as a Corporate Member.
- JSR 364 (Broadening JCP Membership) has completed the Early Draft Review, a Public Review should be submitted in September.
- The JCP EC Nominations will be open in September so if you have an interest in participating in the JCP EC, read this entry and get yourself prepared.
- The nominations of the 12th Annual JCP Awards have been announced, the winners will be announced during the JCP Party at JavaOne (see here).