JavaOne Brazil - Dec 7th to Dec 9th, 2010
By pelegri on Oct 06, 2010
This year we will have a JavaOne in Brazil in São Paulo. IIRC, this is will be just the third time we are hosting a JavaOne outside the US - the first one was JavaOne Japan 2001 (O'Reilly) and the second JavaOne Japan 2002 (contribution opportunity: fix the Wikipedia Page and Portal).
I presented at Yokohama in 2001 and it was a great event; I'm sure that São Paulo will be at least as good.
- Deadline for Submission: Oct 8th, 2010 (that is FRIDAY!)
- Feedback on Presentations: Oct 27th, 2010
- Event: Dec 7th through Dec 9th, 2010.
Some key links:
- English: Getting Started, Themes, Dates and Submissions.
- Portuguese: Getting Started, Themes, Dates and Submissions
@fabianenardon has been giving advice about the event:
- JavaOne Brazil speakers get a free pass to the conference. One more reason to submit your talk! (tweet)
- Você sabe que pode mandar palestras para o JavaOne Brasil em português, né? O deadline tá chegando... (tweet)
- Best practices, case studies, technical tips, new ideas... these kind of proposals are always welcome in JavaOne. (tweet)
- A tip: usually, the largest number of proposals is sent to the JavaEE track. So, try to submit something different to JavaOne Brasil. (tweet)
- Para quem vai submeter palestras para o #JavaOneBrasil, o blog da @yarasenger é imperdível. http://bit.ly/92Ymxw (tweet)
Submit and attend. Brazil is the largest country in South America and the 5th in the world, the B in BRIC, and is full of great Brazilians; it deserves a great JavaOne!