Java.Net.Next Requirements - More than One Account on Java.Net?
By pelegri on Jul 31, 2010
Do you have more than one account at Java.Net? If so, please read on.
As announced by Ted Farrell back in February, Java.Net.next will use the Kenai infrastructure. For the most part we are trying to make the transition as painless as possible but there will be some changes here and there. Sometimes new features will be added; sometimes some may be dropped. One specific point is about usernames and email addresses.
Currently, Java.Net allows for multiple usernames with the same email address (login is done only via the username), but Kenai does not (you can login with username or email). We are considering using the Kenai approach for the new implementation of Java.Net and want your feedback on how that would affect you.
I asked Kevin if he could run a poll on this, and he kindly did. If you are interested, please go vote.
Copying the questions here:
- I only have one account at Java.Net
- I have multiple accounts at Java.Net and each has a different email address
- I have multiple accounts at Java.Net with the same email address but I can change that
- I absolutely need to have multiple accounts at Java.Net with the same email address
- I don't have a java.net account
- I don't know