Java EE 6 Specifications Approved by JCP
By alexismp on Dec 01, 2009
Roberto tweeted and blogged soon after the news broke: all the remaining Java EE 6 JSRs passed the final ballot. For the umbrella spec the result is 12 YES, 2 abstain, 1 No - details for all of them : Java EE 6, Servlet 3.0, EJB 3.1, JPA 2.0, CDI, Connectors 1.6. Congratulation to Roberto and to all the spec leads, EG members and to all the community participants for this most important milestone!
Added - Voting Tally for all specs.
Coverage so far :
• The new EE ecosystem (Gavin King, CDI Spec Lead). Check also the comments to his earlier post.
• JCP Approves Java EE 6 Specification (Artima)
• Java EE 6 receives approval (InfoWorld)
• Le JCP approuve Java EE 6 (LeMagIT)
• Java EE 6 findet eingeschränkte Zustimmung (heise online)
• Java EE 6 прошла стандартизацию (CyberSecurity.ru)
• Ya ha sido aprobado Java EE 6 (IDG.es)
• Java EE 6 Spec Finalized and Approved (JavaLobby)
• La spécification Java EE 6 votée à une large majorité (01net)
As Roberto wrote in his entry, "The final release will happen on December 10, when GlassFish v3 will be available". The specifications become final when the corresponding TCKs and RIs are delivered and that is the target date. Exciting times ahead!