GlassFish v3 Prelude - Support and more Launch Coverage
By alexismp on Nov 09, 2008
Looking back at last Thursday's launch of GlassFish v3 Prelude, we have had a great number of blog entries, a lot from the engineers, many from the community, all are diverse, informative and passionate. Clearly, OSGi, RESTful Web Services, support for Rails and Grails, and technology previews (JSF 2.0, JAX-RS 1.0, EJB 3.1) were the most noticed features.
One thing that could probably be emphasized here (the Prelude FAQ covers this) is the fact that this is a fully supported (use it in production) release, not just a "preview" of some later product. The differences between the community product and GlassFish Enterprise are outlined on this page. Subscriptions are available online.
Here are more blog posts and coverage since the launch :
• Extending GlassFish v3 Prelude, As Easy As 1-2-3 (Sreeni)
• EJB 3.1 in GlassFish v3 Prelude (Ken)
• GlassFish V3 Prelude (France's application-servers.com)
• GlassFish v3 Prelude and Portlet Container 2.0_01 (Deepak)
• jMaki 1.8.1 and GlassFish V3 released (Carla)
• Globalization team contributes to the Glassfish v3 Prelude Release (Ming)
• Sun Launches OGSI based Lightweight Web Application Server (Enterprise Software Blog)
• Sun Introduces OSGi based Server: Glassfish V3 (Techno Paper)
• New and improved GlassFish gem (Vivek)