Summary of GlassFish Day - Free Event at Moscone Next Monday
By alexismp on May 04, 2007
GlassFish Day is Monday at the Moscone (registration page). If you are in the Bay Area and are interested in server-side Java you should come by to learn about GlassFish. Besides, it is FREE and it has good freebies!
The event should be of interest to newbies and experts alike. We will provide an introduction to GlassFish v2, showcase real-life deployments, talk about some of the GlasFish partners, and show the future, with GFv3 and more. There are many demos and keynotes with Karen, Rich and Jonathan.
Here are more details:
GlassFish Day is Monday, May 7 (right before JavaOne) at the Moscone Center in San Francisco and it is part of CommunityOne. Lead contributors to the GlassFish community will present about most of the areas in GlassFish. CommunityOne has multiple tracks; the bulk of the GlassFish content is in GlassFish Day but there are important sessions in the Web 2.0, Linux vs Solaris, and, of course in the NetBeans Day track.
The bulk of the content is arranged as Sessions, Partners, and Demo stations but we also have three special guests: Karen Tegan Padir will kick off GlassFish Day, and we will have a special lunch session with Jonathan Schwartz and Rich Green. Lunch will be served and there is a reception at the end of the day.
The latest schedule should be at the Official CommunityOne Site and full details of GlassFish Day are at the GlassFish Wiki. We will post any changes and updates in real-time to TheAquarium. The current status is as follows:
• 11:05am - 12:00pm @ Hall E 133 "Overview of GlassFish v2"
with Karen Tegan Padir and Eduardo Pelegri Llopart
• 12:00pm - 1:00pm @ Hall E 133 "Lunch with Jonathan Schwartz and Rich Green"
• 1:30pm - 2:25pm @ Hall E 135 "GlassFish in Real Life"
Use-cases include PeerFlix, Wotif.com, Harvard University
• 1:30pm - 2:25pm @ Hall E 134 "Ajax Applications Made Easy With jMaki and Scripting"
(in Web 2.0 track) with Ludo Champenois, Roberto Chinnici, Greg Murray, Craig McClanahan
• 2:35pm - 3:30pm @ North Hall 121-125 "GlassFish Partner Ecosystem"
with Interface21, TerraCotta, Caucho, Genuitec
• 5:05pm - 6:00pm @ North Hall 121-125 "Up the Stack" - Caching and Ubuntu
(in Linux vs. Solaris track) with Greg Luck, Harpreet Singh
• 5:05pm - 6:00pm @ Hall E 133 "GlassFish v3, Identity Services"
with Jerome Dochez, Ludovic Poitou
• Web 2.0, jMaki, Phobos and GlassFish v3
• GlassFish v2 Admin & Monitoring
• GlassFish Clustering
Whether you're going to JavaOne or not, if you're based in the Bay Area come to GlassFish Day, and if you don't have time to register, just show up on Monday! And if you can't make it, we'll do our best to share the content during and after Monday.