Gartner on GlassFish v2
By pelegri on Sep 21, 2007
Analysist reports from our GlassFish v2 FCS launch are beginning to appear. Quoting from Gartner's report:
Sun and the GlassFish open-source community have delivered the first production-scale open-source Java EE 5 application server. This challenges the dominance of market leaders like Red Hat and IBM.
Note that the analyst identifies GlassFish as challenging the leaders of the open source market (JBoss) and the enterprise market (WebSphere); we are seeing plenty of evidence of this with our own (new) customers. But we have seen no impact from the WebSphere CE branding of Geronimo - which just adds an entry-level offering unrelated to IBM's enterprise-quality product.
• GlassFish v2 ya se vende como ApplicationServer 9.1 (Jaime Cid - in Spanish)
• Sun Delivers First Open-Source Java EE 5 Application Server (Gartner)
• Glassfish v2 publicado (PortalJava.COM, in portuguese)
• Glassfish v2: Update Center and port 4848 Web Admin are cool, but... (Mark Watson)
• GlassFish : Version 2.0 UR1 Released, Clustering, HA, Metro WS and more. (Charles Ditzel)
• GlassFish V2: The start of something great (John Clingan)
• GFv2 Headlines (Java Posse)
• Top 10 Resources for GlassFish (chinmayee)