Thursday Aug 28, 2014
Spotlight on GlassFish 4.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behavior change, a tip, etc.
#8 WebSocket Client Reconnect
A similar capability has been introduced in Tyrus and GlassFish 4.1. A Tyrus based WebSocket client can now register a ReconnectHandler. This handler provides 2 methods (onDisconnect() and onConnectFailure()) that will greatly simplify the handling of dropped connection. Check this Client reconnect example from the Tyrus User Guide.
Podcasts & Videos
- Developers Continue to Affirm Strong Support for Java EE 7
- Self-Documented Services Using JAX-RS Analyzer
- Java SE 8 and Java EE 7 in Production at TecSinapse
- Java EE @ ConFoo 2016
- The next VTS round is fast approaching!
- Java EE 7 Proves Effective for Mission-Critical E-Payment Systems
- Java EE @ DevNexus 2016
- Java EE in Practice for Secure Online Voting at Scytl
- Cargo Tracker Java EE 7 Blue Prints Now Running on WebLogic
- Revamping the Security API in Java EE 8