Thursday Aug 28, 2014
Spotlight on GlassFish 4.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behavior change, a tip, etc.
#8 WebSocket Client Reconnect
A similar capability has been introduced in Tyrus and GlassFish 4.1. A Tyrus based WebSocket client can now register a ReconnectHandler. This handler provides 2 methods (onDisconnect() and onConnectFailure()) that will greatly simplify the handling of dropped connection. Check this Client reconnect example from the Tyrus User Guide.
Podcasts & Videos
- Java EE in Practice for Secure Online Voting at Scytl
- Cargo Tracker Java EE 7 Blue Prints Now Running on WebLogic
- Revamping the Security API in Java EE 8
- Some Interesting Real World CDI Usage Statistics
- Migrating from Java EE 5 to Java EE 7 at Segurnet Portugal
- HTTP/2 and Servlet 4 in Java EE 8
- EJB3 @Lock Annotation for CDI Beans
- Java EE @ Oredev
- Migrating from Tomcat to Java EE and TomEE at Dassault Systemes
- AngularBeans: Java EE 7/CDI Integration with AngularJS