Thursday Aug 28, 2014
Spotlight on GlassFish 4.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behavior change, a tip, etc.
#8 WebSocket Client Reconnect
A similar capability has been introduced in Tyrus and GlassFish 4.1. A Tyrus based WebSocket client can now register a ReconnectHandler. This handler provides 2 methods (onDisconnect() and onConnectFailure()) that will greatly simplify the handling of dropped connection. Check this Client reconnect example from the Tyrus User Guide.
Podcasts & Videos
- Virtual Adopt-a-JSR/Java EE 8 Overview on Tuesday!
- GlassFish Images on Docker Hub
- Using @Context in JAX-RS
- Java EE 7 Maintenance Review Draft
- Managing a Java EE Application Server with Chef
- A Directory for CDI Plugins
- Java EE 7/Bean Validation Adoption at Harvard University
- JSON-P 1.1 (JSR 374) update: JSON Pointer & JSON Patch
- Last Call to Submit to the JavaOne Java EE Track
- Java EE Security API (JSR 375) Update