Tuesday Aug 19, 2014
'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behavior change, a tip, etc.
#6 Java API for WebSocket 1.1
JSR 356 (Java API for WebSocket) has recently passed the Maintenance Release ballot, this Maintenance Release fixes an important issue when Java SE 8 Lambdas are used (see here). GlassFish 4.1 will include an updated version of Tyrus (JSR 356 Reference Implementation) to bring the WebSocket API level to the latest version of the specification, i.e. WebSocket API for Java 1.1.
It should be mentioned that the Tyrus version included in GlassFish 4.1 also brings additional features. Some of those will be highlighted in upcoming entries.
Podcasts & Videos
- Java EE 8/Adopt-a-JSR Updates: Chicago JUG and JSF 2.3
- Jersey, from Android to Mainframe
- Unsynchronized Persistence Contexts in JPA 2.1/Java EE 7
- JavaOne Replay: Java EE Game Changers
- Rakuten: Java EE Adoption in One of the World’s Largest Online Financial Systems
- Java EE @ CodeMash 2015
- HTTP/2 is done
- Tyrus and Autobahn|Testsuite compliance
- Manfred Riem Discusses JSF and Java EE MVC on JSF Central Podcast
- The JavaOne 2014 Rock Stars are Here!