Tuesday Aug 19, 2014
'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behavior change, a tip, etc.
#6 Java API for WebSocket 1.1
JSR 356 (Java API for WebSocket) has recently passed the Maintenance Release ballot, this Maintenance Release fixes an important issue when Java SE 8 Lambdas are used (see here). GlassFish 4.1 will include an updated version of Tyrus (JSR 356 Reference Implementation) to bring the WebSocket API level to the latest version of the specification, i.e. WebSocket API for Java 1.1.
It should be mentioned that the Tyrus version included in GlassFish 4.1 also brings additional features. Some of those will be highlighted in upcoming entries.
Podcasts & Videos
- 2015 Duke’s Choice Award Winners Announced
- WebLogic Now Java EE 7 Compatible!
- 2015 JCP Award Winners Announced
- Java EE @ Devoxx Belgium
- Java EE @ JavaOne 2015 - Day 4
- Java EE @ JavaOne 2015 - Day 3
- Java EE @ JavaOne 2015 - Day 2
- Java EE @ JavaOne 2015 - Day 1
- DZone Survey Shows JPA Dominates Java Persistence
- Developers Affirm Strong Support for Java EE 7 in DZone Survey