Thursday Jul 03, 2014
'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.0.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.0.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behaviour change, a tip, etc.
#1 JDBC Realm for user authentication
There has been some refactoring between GF 3.x and GF 4.0. One unfortunate consequence of that refactoring is that the JDBC Auth Realm package has changed between those 2 GF versions. This can cause some obvious issues when moving, from GF 3.x to GF 4.0, an application using the JDBC Realm!
GF 3.x was using com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm while GF 4.0 is using com.sun.enterprise.security.ee.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm
GF 4.0.1 will fix this and revert back to the original com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm package!
Podcasts & Videos
- Java EE in Practice for Secure Online Voting at Scytl
- Cargo Tracker Java EE 7 Blue Prints Now Running on WebLogic
- Revamping the Security API in Java EE 8
- Some Interesting Real World CDI Usage Statistics
- Migrating from Java EE 5 to Java EE 7 at Segurnet Portugal
- HTTP/2 and Servlet 4 in Java EE 8
- EJB3 @Lock Annotation for CDI Beans
- Java EE @ Oredev
- Migrating from Tomcat to Java EE and TomEE at Dassault Systemes
- AngularBeans: Java EE 7/CDI Integration with AngularJS