Thursday Jul 03, 2014
'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.0.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.0.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behaviour change, a tip, etc.
#1 JDBC Realm for user authentication
There has been some refactoring between GF 3.x and GF 4.0. One unfortunate consequence of that refactoring is that the JDBC Auth Realm package has changed between those 2 GF versions. This can cause some obvious issues when moving, from GF 3.x to GF 4.0, an application using the JDBC Realm!
GF 3.x was using com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm while GF 4.0 is using com.sun.enterprise.security.ee.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm
GF 4.0.1 will fix this and revert back to the original com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm package!
Podcasts & Videos
- Java EE @ Devoxx France
- Free JPA 2.1 Cheat Sheet by Thorben Janssen
- JavaOne CFP is Open - Your Invitation to Submit to the Java EE Track
- New book: "Web Development with Java and JSF"
- Forge Powered Java EE Rapid Application Development Comes to NetBeans!
- JMS 2.0 Revision A
- Java EE 8/Adopt-a-JSR Updates: Morocco JUG!
- Java EE Management API 2.0 (JSR 373) Spins Up
- Java EE Container Lifecycle
- Migrating a JSF Application from Spring to Java EE 7/CDI