Thursday Jul 03, 2014
'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.0.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.0.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behaviour change, a tip, etc.
#1 JDBC Realm for user authentication
There has been some refactoring between GF 3.x and GF 4.0. One unfortunate consequence of that refactoring is that the JDBC Auth Realm package has changed between those 2 GF versions. This can cause some obvious issues when moving, from GF 3.x to GF 4.0, an application using the JDBC Realm!
GF 3.x was using com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm while GF 4.0 is using com.sun.enterprise.security.ee.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm
GF 4.0.1 will fix this and revert back to the original com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm package!
Podcasts & Videos
- JavaOne Replay: 'JSF 2.2'
- MVC JSR SNAPSHOT builds
- JavaOne Latin America CFP extended to March 9th
- Java EE 8/Adopt-a-JSR Updates: Chicago JUG and JSF 2.3
- Jersey, from Android to Mainframe
- Unsynchronized Persistence Contexts in JPA 2.1/Java EE 7
- JavaOne Replay: 'Java EE Game Changers'
- Rakuten: Java EE Adoption in One of the World’s Largest Online Financial Systems
- Java EE @ CodeMash 2015
- HTTP/2 is done