Thursday Jul 03, 2014
'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.0.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4.0.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behaviour change, a tip, etc.
#1 JDBC Realm for user authentication
There has been some refactoring between GF 3.x and GF 4.0. One unfortunate consequence of that refactoring is that the JDBC Auth Realm package has changed between those 2 GF versions. This can cause some obvious issues when moving, from GF 3.x to GF 4.0, an application using the JDBC Realm!
GF 3.x was using com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm while GF 4.0 is using com.sun.enterprise.security.ee.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm
GF 4.0.1 will fix this and revert back to the original com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.jdbc.JDBCRealm package!
Podcasts & Videos
- Chicago JUG Adopt-a-JSR/Java EE 8 Session Video
- Java 8 Free Online Course: Lambdas and Streams
- JavaOne 2015 Java EE Track Committee: Johan Vos
- HTTP/2 and Server Push
- What's Coming with JSF 2.3?
- TIBCO EMS 8 Supports JMS 2
- Your Opinion Needed: Asynchronous Message Listeners (MDB) in JMS 2.1
- Java EE @ DevNexus 2015
- JSON-P 1.1 (JSR 374) update: JSON Merge Patch
- Meet the JavaOne Java EE Track Committee: David Heffelfinger