Thursday May 08, 2014
JavaServer Faces (JSR 344), one of the Java EE technology, is a server-side component framework for easily building Java based web applications. JSF offers many benefits but one of the great JSF advantage is that it is really simple to plug-in any compatible JSF components suite. PrimeFaces is one of those suite, it is a popular open source JSF component suite with various extensions and is recognised for the richness of its components. This week marks the release of PrimeFaces 5.0!
This OTN article (Build data-driven applications for the enterprise using the PrimeFaces JavaServer Faces UI framework) shows you how to build a Web application with a rich user-interfaces based on PrimesFaces. And for more information about JSF itself, the Java EE 7 Tutorial devotes several chapters on this technology.
Podcasts & Videos
- Managing a Java EE Application Server with Chef
- A Directory for CDI Plugins
- Java EE 7/Bean Validation Adoption at Harvard University
- JSON-P 1.1 (JSR 374) update: JSON Pointer & JSON Patch
- Last Call to Submit to the JavaOne Java EE Track
- Java EE Security API (JSR 375) Update
- A Preview of Java EE @ GIDS 2015
- MVC 1.0 (JSR 371) Early Draft Review period has started!
- Java EE @ ConFoo Canada 2015
- Java EE @ Devoxx France