By reza_rahman on Sep 02, 2013
If you are active in the GlassFish community, you probably already know about the GlassFish Community Event that takes place on the Sunday that kicks off JavaOne San Francisco. The event has long been the rallying point for the GlassFish community at JavaOne.
This year, the event is taking place from 9:15 AM to 11:15 AM. The title of the event is GlassFish Community: The Foundation for Opportunity and the event ID is UGF9871. To add to this session to your schedule now, follow this session details link to the JavaOne Content Catalog and use the Schedule Builder widget on the top right hand side.
If you are a GlassFish user or even just a friend, this is the most important JavaOne event that you really should not miss, and for good reasons:
- Learn the insider's view of the Java EE 7/GlassFish 4 release, community, success, metrics and roadmap for the future from non other than GlassFish product manager John Clingan himself (stay tuned for more details on the roadmap - in case you cannot make it to the session, we will update the GlassFish roadmap page after the event).
- Get a unique opportunity to listen to and openly interact directly with the Oracle Executives responsible for Java EE and GlassFish during the GlassFish Executive Panel. This year, our panelists include the likes of Mike Lehmann (VP Product Management), Anil Gaur (VP, Software Development) and Cameron Purdy (VP Development). Besides open Q & A, the panel will field a representative set of questions submitted by the community. To submit your questions, email them to me as soon as possible. We will post a video of the panel on The Aquarium after the event.
- Hear success stories from real world Java EE/GlassFish users and get to ask them your questions. This year Makito Hashiyama (Rakuten), David Heffelfinger (Ensode), Jaromir Hamala (C2B2) and Kerry Wilson (Vanderbilt University Medical Center) will be sharing their stories. As always, we will video record and post the stories on the GlassFish Stories blog and feature them on The Aquarium after the event.
- Meet key members of the Oracle GlassFish team and community including Advocates, Architects, Java EE spec leads, and Product Managers.
- Grab some free GlassFish swag like a GlassFish t-shirt or cool laptop sticker.
- Attending the event is one of the strongest ways you can show your support for GlassFish and Java EE under Oracle, get your voice heard and help shape the future.
Note that this is a JavaOne Sunday User Group session, so you will need a JavaOne pass to get in. Like all JavaOne events, there is a limited amount of registrants allowed for the session, so if you think this is something that is worth your while, you would be wise to pre-register via the JavaOne Schedule Builder as soon as possible.
Do check out the details for the event on the GlassFish.org JavaOne Community Event Page, including the agenda, timings, panel question ideas, participant bios and story outlines.