Thursday Jun 04, 2009
Monday May 25, 2009
Saturday May 16, 2009
By tgardner on May 16, 2009
The 0.0.2.4 release of the OpenDS Directory Server Access Log Analyzer has been released at http://kenai.com/projects/dsla. This release supports Sun Directory Server 5 & 6 access log file parsing. Download the WAR file from the download page, and deploy it into GlassFish or Apache. Be sure to deploy the WAR file in contextRoot "/dsla".
Saturday May 09, 2009
By tgardner on May 09, 2009
The 0.0.1.7 release of the OpenDS Directory Server Access Log Analyzer has been released at http://kenai.com/projects/dsla. This version is very minimalist, and only supports OpenDS access logs, has no persistent storage, and is probably as buggy as my back deck in summertime. It has been more or less tested with access logs from OpenDS 1.0 and 1.3 collected from some performance testing that was conducted in August 2008 and from interested users. This version reports:
- count of LDAP operations
- maximum etime
- minimum etime
- average etime
- number of occurrences of etimes
- added 'Entire File' section to view file detail
- added max etime 'Entire File'
- added min etime 'Entire File'
- added arithmetic mean of etimes 'Entire File'
- added geometric mean of etimes 'Entire File'
- added variance of etimes 'Entire File'
- added standard deviation of etimes 'Entire File'
- added code to choose the field width and precision of real numbers on the configuration screen.
If anyone has some access log files from any version of OpenDS, please send me some snippets so that my testing can continue.
Interested parties should join the mailing lists at http://kenai.com/projects/dsla/lists, report defects at https://kenai.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=dsla, and contribute code.
Monday May 04, 2009
By tgardner on May 04, 2009
From time to time, questions arise about which Requests for Comment (RFC) are supported by the DIrectory Server Enterprise Edition. The list of supported RFCs is fully documented at the DSEE docs.sun.com website.
Thursday Nov 20, 2008
Monday Aug 04, 2008
Monday Jul 21, 2008
Saturday Jun 28, 2008
Sun, LDAP, SLAMD, DSLA, java, Struts, networking, chess, books, cooking, wine, and many other things.
- Link to 13,800,000 entry DS52p6 benchmark yields 17,000 searches per second on x4250
- SLAMD internals - functional
- Using an integer range field validator annotation (Struts2)
- Supported platforms for DS5.2p6 and DSEE6.3.1
- Upgrading OpenDS to 2.0.0 RC1 (in pictures)
- Directory Server Log Analyzer 0.0.3.3 released
- Directory Server Log Analyzer 0.0.3.2 released
- Directory Server Log Analyzer 0.0.3.1 released
- Mockup of new report page for Directory Server Log Analyzer 0.0.3.1
- Directory Server Log Analyzer 0.0.2.6 released
- /Cigars and the Man-Grill
- /Doctor Who
- /Star Trek