Grid Engine Workshop - Sep 10-12, 2007
By templedf on May 16, 2007
We finally have the registration page up for the 2007 Grid Engine Workshop. There is no registration fee, and Sun will cover the cost of lunch every day and dinner one day. The only think you need to cover is transportation and lodging costs. The official announcement is copied below:
- Users and administrators of the Sun Grid Engine product or open source technology Grid Engine
- Individuals or organizations
- being interested in exploring utilization of the Grid Engine solution.
- integrating or planning to integrate their own technology with Grid Engine (e.g. ISVs or research projects).
- having a need to improve utilization of computational resources or to reduce the time required for business or project critical workflows.
- wanting to learn about Grid Computing and one of the most advanced, most commonly used and most robust technologies in this space.
Sun Grid Engine Workshop 2007
September 10-12, Regensburg, Germany
The Sun Grid Engine team is pleased to invite you to the third
Sun Grid Engine Workshop
September 10-12, 2007
The registration web site is now open:
About Grid Engine
The Grid Engine technology from Sun Microsystems, Inc. is a well established policy-based workload management software which is designed to run compute resource intensive applications and services for financial, business, engineering and research organizations in even the largest grids. The Sun Grid Engine software is the commercial version of the open source Grid Engine project.
About the workshop
The workshop offers a venue for exchanging experiences among users, discuss needs with their peers and for getting in direct touch with the developers to give feedback and to receive an update on the most recent and coming enhancements.
Who should attend
Location, Agenda and Contact Information
The Sun Grid Engine Workshop 2007 will be hosted in the medieval city of Regensburg (recently named UNESCO World Heritage City) in the Sorat-Insel Hotel at the river Danube.
Information about the draft agenda, hotel and transportation can be found at the registration web site:
Please check the website again for regular updates of the agenda. If you are interested in delivering a talk, please email a short abstract to
For any further assistance, please contact the coordinators by email at