Lemmings and iPhones
By teich on Jul 01, 2007
I'm a lemming, and bought an iPhone on Friday. And I'm a fairly happy lemming. I'll leave the stories for later; for now, some notes of interest about the thing:
- It reports all crashes back to Mr. Steve. Check out /Library/Logs/Crash Reporter/Mobile Device/YOUR iPHONE NAME/
- Email is not a primary focus for this thing.
- Unlock screen shows SMS and missed calls. Doesn't show any indication of email
- Needs a unified mail inbox, or better way to switch. Four taps is annoying
- Works great with my Ice-Link in the car. iPhone gave a standard error message about "not made to work" but I hit no, and all worked great. Music was playing, Olivia was able to use the other features of the phone no problem at the saem time. CAn't browse music on the iPhone while playing. Best part - how it handles incoming calls! Music fades down, and ring is played through car speakers. Answer normally. Speakerphone didn't seem to work. Ideal setup for a BT headset.