By Lubos Kosco on Apr 08, 2014
We're proud to announce that OpenGrok 0.12 has just been released. It was a bumpy ride and had to say goodbye to opensolaris.org, but github and java.net kindly helped out. See the release notes below for details on how to get it and what's new in this release.
OPENGROK 0.12 RELEASE NOTES
OpenGrok is a fast and usable source code search and cross reference engine. It helps you search, cross-reference and navigate your source tree. It can understand various program file formats (C, C++, C#, Java, sh, Perl, Python, ...) and version control histories like (Mercurial, Git, SCCS, RCS, CVS, Subversion, Teamware, ClearCase, Perforce, Monotone and Bazaar). In other words it lets you grok (profoundly understand) the open source, hence the name OpenGrok. It is written in Java.
For more details go to http://opengrok.github.io/OpenGrok/
To download binaries, please go to:
or to http://java.net/projects/opengrok/downloads and look for 0.12 binary, source or a package file.
This is a major update. It is advised that you cleanup your old DATA_ROOT (ideally remove it, or move it aside) and run indexing from fresh. Also the web application should be replaced, since the new indexes are not compatible with the old web application. Note that this doesn't apply to upgrades from the LATEST 0.12 release candidate, since the format of the xrefs didn't change between the release candidate and the release. Though all other 0.12 release candidates have old index and you need to update, clean index and start from scratch.
- JDK7 + tomcat7 tested, JDK6 unsupported!
- lucene 4.7.1 -> A LOT faster engine, no spellindex needed, regexp search supported (see help)
- pl/sql, scala, uuencode languages/analyzers support
- php analyzers improved
- monotone, mercurial SCM support improved
- AccuRev SCM added to supported SCMs
- Surround SCM added to supported SCMs
- new config options in OpenGrok script
- new search by analyzer/language
- full history tracking for files renamed in Mercurial repository (disabled by default)
- small UI enhancements
- a lot of history cache fixes and tunables
- clearHistory history cleanup command
- better developer support, added automated travis builds for pull request + sonar
Bug fixesPlease see below link to issues or https://github.com/OpenGrok/OpenGrok/blob/master/CHANGES.txt for a quick list.
For bug details refer to Issues closed for 0.12. This link doesn't include bugs from old Bugzilla, however list above has the number so you can easily look the issue up using this old number, since all bugzilla bugs were moved to issues.
The road ahead
Please open feature requests!
We'd like to thank all the people who report bugs, send us ideas for improvements or contribute code. We appreciate any help with the project. Reports and feedback from the users of OpenGrok is essential to make the developers able to continue improving the product. Inspect the history log with git log -v to get all details.
We love your patches and your feedback folks(you know who you are!) and let's keep it up.