By Lubos Kosco on Feb 07, 2012
We're proud to announce that OpenGrok 0.11 has just been released. See the release notes below for details on how to get it and what's new in this release.
OPENGROK 0.11 RELEASE NOTES
OpenGrok is a fast and usable source code search and cross reference engine. It helps you search, cross-reference and navigate your source tree. It can understand various program file formats (C, C++, C#, Java, sh, Perl, Python, ...) and version control histories like (Mercurial, Git, SCCS, RCS, CVS, Subversion, Teamware, ClearCase, Perforce, Monotone and Bazaar). In other words it lets you grok (profoundly understand) the open source, hence the name OpenGrok. It is written in Java.
To download binaries, please go to:
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Project+opengrok/files#HBinarysourcereleases http://java.net/projects/opengrok/downloads and look for 0.11 binary, source or a package file.
This is a major update. It is advised that you cleanup your old DATA_ROOT (ideally remove it, or move it aside) and run indexing from fresh. Also the web application should be replaced, since the new indexes are not compatible with the old web application. Note that this doesn't apply to upgrades from the 0.11 release candidate, since the format of the xrefs didn't change between the release candidate and the release.
For install help refer to the install wiki page. The discussions page lists forums and mailing lists where you can ask for help or discuss bugs or new features. Bugs should be logged in Bugzilla in the Development/OpenGrok category.
- PHP analyzer
- Visual Basic analyzer
- C# analyzer
- completely refactored UI, upgraded jquery to 1.4.4
- SSL, SSO and mod_proxy compatible
- Bug #17612: Simple PHP Analyzer
- Bug #17507: indexer hangs when svn requests certificate confirmation
- Bug #17609: path assumptions & binary names used by installer script need modifications.
- Bug #17688: File handles leaked in JSPs
- Bug #13677: xref cache is not updated if code changes in SRC_ROOT
- Bug #17731: Character encoding improper in Annotation
- Bug #17817: xref treats include statements with angle brackets and quote marks differently when they contain path part
- Bug #17816: Link to include file without file extension performs definition search
- Bug #17936: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when using n=50 as URL query parameter
- Bug #18163: C++ keywords is not recognized in xref output
- Bug #18198: ShXref gets confused by here-documents
- Bug #17885: /**/ comments broke java xref
- Bug #17584: Beginning of highlighted change in code is not started from absolute zero position in the row
- Bug #18103: RFE: repository CLI cmds - better error reporting
- Bug #16895: Maven build doesn't update manifest
- Bug #18144: indexer will enter infinite cycle if it encounters symlink to dot , Add an "all" target to compile everything and run test cases, pmd, findbugs etc
- Bug #16894: Maven build lacks info.properties
- Bug #18585: Exceptions are not logged if severity is higher than CONFIG
- Bug #18586: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when indexing SQL file
- Bug #18606: URL suffix for user information not included in history view
- Bug #18602: JarAnalyzer can run out of memory
- Bug #18641: Cannot access history for directories
- Bug #18754: opensearch does not work with HTTPS fixing as per Jens Elkner
- Bug #19116: SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException when indexing Bazaar history
- Bug #1720: Add service outage banner at top of webapp pages
- Bug #19105: convert the link to parent directory to .. and move it to the file listing
- Bug #19105: use the browser's default fonts update the DirectoryListing test after fix for Bug 19105 and use getParentFile() for better portability
- Bug #19105: reuse the SimpleDateFormat instance
- Bug #19145: annotate view for Mercurial displays only first name of the author in some cases
- Bug #19141: opensearch based searches are broken in mod_proxy environment
- Bug #19161: Solaris package should not deliver source.war to /var/tomcat6 in any form
- Bug #19110: Tab expansion problems in 0.11-rctemp - disable of default tabs to mitigate
For bug details refer to Bugzilla.
The road ahead
A tentative roadmap for OpenGrok can be found here: http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/opengrok/Roadmap/
We'd like to thank all the people who report bugs, send us ideas for improvements or contribute code. Below are just the people who sent patches or pushed code, but that doesn't mean that we don't appreciate your work. Reports and feedback from the users of OpenGrok is essential to make the developers able to continue improving the product. Note that this is just a summary of how many changes each person made, which doesn't necessarily reflect how significant each change was. Inspect the history log with hg log -v -r 0.10:0.11 to get all details.
56 Knut Anders Hatlen <email@example.com> 56 Trond Norbye <firstname.lastname@example.org> 24 Vladimir Kotal <Vladimir.Kotal@oracle.com> 15 Jens Elkner <email@example.com> 12 Lubos Kosco <Lubos.Kosco@Oracle.COM> 1 Chris Eldredge <firstname.lastname@example.org> 1 Felix Annan <email@example.com> 1 Haufe-Lexware - Christoph Hofmann <Christoph.Hofmann@haufe-lexware.com> 1 Karthik Rajagopalan <Karthik.Rajagopalan@schrodinger.com> 1 Miroslav Osladil <firstname.lastname@example.org>