By Rick Finley-Oracle on May 13, 2016
We are pleased to announce that our latest release, PSRM v2.5, is supported on Platform As A Service (PaaS) on Oracle Public Cloud. As part of that support, our application framework team has published a new whitepaper outlining the process of migrating an on-premise installation to Platform As A Service (PaaS) on Oracle Public Cloud.
The whitepaper covers the following from a technical point of view:
- The Oracle Cloud services to obtain to house the products, including the Oracle Java Cloud Service and Oracle Database As A Service with associated related services.
- Setup instructions on how to configure the services in preparation to house the product.
- Instructions of how to prepare the software for transfer.
- Instructions on how to transfer the product schema to a Oracle Database As A Service instance using various techniques.
- Instructions on how to transfer the software and make configuration changes to realign the product installation for the cloud. The configuration must follow the instructions in the Native Installation Oracle Utilities Application Framework (Doc Id: 1544969.1) available from My Oracle Support which has also been updated to reflect the new process.
- Basic instructions on using the native cloud facilities to manage your new PaaS instances. More information is available in the cloud documentation.
The whitepaper applies to PSRM v2.5 only, and any product on OUAF 4.3 or above. Customers and partners wanting to establish new environments (with no previous installation) can use the same processes to install PSRM on the cloud instance. Customers and partners considering Oracle Infrastructure As A Service can use the same processes as well.
The Migrating From On Premise To Oracle Platform As A Service (Doc Id: 2132081.1) whitepaper is available from My Oracle Support.