Studio 12.3 (Beta) released
By vtatkar on Jul 29, 2011
Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3 Beta release is now available for download (here). Please note that this is an open program; anyone can join in and being a gold-level participant; just accept the click through agreement on the page.
Studio 12.3 has a number of enhancements over previously releases (many of which I hope to elaborate on, in future blogs), among them:
- Support for upcoming SPARC T4 chip. Single thread performance has been improved in very significant ways and the compiler takes advantage of every new instruction and performance attribute in the chip.
- Support for upcoming Intel SandyBridge chip, in particular full support for the new AVX instruction set
- A new tool, called Code Analyzer, which identifies code vulnerabilities, memory access errors and areas of code uncoverage
- Significant improvements to Performance Analyzer including Application Concurrency Graphs and Multi-process application profiling
- Remote capabilities in IDE and other graphical tools so they can be used on Windows, Mac and non-Solaris platforms to connect to Solaris and Linux servers
Beta README : This document outlines systems and hardware requirements, instructions for installation, and new and EOL features in this release
Code Analyzer Tutorial : This is a tutorial, with sample source code, for using the Code Analyzer.
Follow the discussions at the Studio Forum.
Submit bugs or request a feature or enhancement at the
Sun bugreport site