Highly Optimized OpenSource SPARC Software Stack (Cool Stack)
By Vtatkar-Oracle on Sep 20, 2006
Cool Stack is a collection of some of the most commonly used open source applications optimized for the Sun Solaris OS / UltraSPARC platform.
Cool Stack is built with the latest version of compilers, SunStudio 11 and built with -xO4 level of optimization. These packages thus compiled show anywhere between 30-200% performance improvement (depending on workload/application) over standard compilations performed using GCC.
The following are included in the Optimized CoolStack collection:
- CSQamp. This package includes Apache HTTP Server 2.0.58, MySQL 5.0.22 and PHP 5.1.4 built to work together.
- CSQmysql. This package includes a 64bit version of MySQL 5.0.22 and is built with innodb.
- CSQperl. This package includes an optimized version of Perl 5.8.8 (the version shipped with Solaris 10 is not optimized) Note that Solaris 10 ships with the same version of Perl.
- CSQphp. This package provides a stand-alone installation of PHP 5.1.4 and can also be used via FastCGI from any other web server.
- CSQsquid. This package includes Squid 2.5.STABLE14 Web Proxy Cache.
Cool Stack is available for download from the Sun Download Center.
These are supported via the Cool Tools Stack Community Forum here.
Nice to see that its getting some recognition like this report here