Installing Load Balancer (Using APS Installer) with GlassFish
By sv96363 on Aug 23, 2006
- If you already have a Web Server installation or prefer to manually configure the load balancer, please refer to these instructions.
- Go to the page Sun Java Enterprise System 2005Q1- Get the Software and click on the link individual component products as a Compressed Archive.. You can also use the following Solaris Enterprise System installer. Select "Sun Java Application Platform Suite" from "Sun Java Enterprise System" and click on "Get Downloads and Media".
- Sing in using sun online account.
- Download java_es_05q1_appserver-windows-x86.zip file and unzip.
- Invoke java_es_05Q1_appserver-windows-x86/Products/Setup.exe.
- Choose Custom install.
- First unselect all the choices. You need to click white check boxes first and then black check boxes, so all the choices are unselected. Now select Web Server and Load Balancer under Application Server.
- If you do not have Fully qualified domain name setup on your windows machine, you may see the following error dialog:
- Righ click on My computer and selct propeties. Click on Computer Name tab. Click on Change button. Click on the "More" button on that page. Enter your domain name (mydomain.com) as Primary DNS suffix of this computer.
- The following picture shows the screen shot
- Web Server installtion now contains Load Balancer plug-in and
is ready to be used.